To address the problems of vacant, abandoned, derelict, contaminated, or tax delinquent property in Wayne County in a coordinated manner through the acquisition and disposition of real property and returning that property to productive use in order to strengthen the economy, improve the quality of life, and improve the financial condition of the municipalities, through the use of the powers and tools granted to Land Banks by the Laws of the State of New York.
- The Land Bank is part of a long-term strategy to combat the decades-in-the-making problem of vacant, abandoned, and underutilized properties. The strategy to decrease vacancies and promote strong neighborhoods includes effective code enforcement, community strategic planning for land use and housing, and economic development planning that promotes public and private investment.
- A primary activity of the Wayne County Regional Land Bank is the acquisition of real property that is tax delinquent, tax foreclosed, vacant and/or abandoned, and to use the tools of the land bank to eliminate the harms and liabilities caused by such properties.
- Our focus is to collaborate with all appropriate stakeholders - Towns, Villages, Wayne County, Code Enforcement Officers, neighborhood groups, private developers, and individuals to develop and implement strategies for the redevelopment of distressed properties. Re-development includes the creation of economic development opportunities, accessibility, quality affordable and market-rate housing, commercial development, community improvement, generation of local jobs, and more.
- The Board of Directors consists of nine diverse members with a broad range of interests, abilities, skill-sets and experiences. All are committed to the Land Bank and the improvement of Wayne County.
What the Land Bank is NOT:
- The Land Bank is NOT a County, Town, or Village agency; it is a NYS not-for-profit corporation. The Wayne County Regional Land Bank currently receives financial support from the County and in-kind services.
- The Land Bank does NOT have the power of eminent domain. It can only acquire properties that have already been foreclosed upon by a governmental entity or through traditional means of acquisition (ie, willing sale or donation).
- NO member of the Land Bank Board of Directors may hold an interest in any property acquired by the Land Bank.
- NO member of the Land Bank Board of Directors receives compensation OF ANY KIND for serving the Land Bank.
- While the Land Bank is a tool for revitalizing abandoned and vacant property, it is NOT meant merely as a receptacle for only demolition condition properties. Tax foreclosed properties of all kinds can benefit from Land Bank ownership.
Regular Meetings of the WCRLB Board of Directors are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 1:00PM in Conference Room at 16 William St., Lyons, NY 14489
Agenda will be posted Monday prior to the meeting date.
Land Bank Members
Land Bank Executive Director
Dr. Mark Humbert
Finance and Audit